- What does File Capacity mean in your plans on the web site?
The file capacity limit of the FTP sites is the total amount of data that can be loaded on your FTP site at any given time. Once the data is removed, you can continue to upload data as long as you don't exceed your FTP site capacity (or increase your plan size).
- What does Number of Users mean in the plan name?
The Number of Users in any plan is the number of individual usernames and passwords you can create for a specific FTP plan in addition to the admin id and password. If you provide the same user id and password to two or more people, that still counts as one user.
- Are there limits on a file transfer size?
No, unlike most FTP transfer services that have a 2GB maximum file transfer size, Turbo-FTP does not restrict the size of a transfer. The only limit is the actual capacity of the FTP site.
- Can I use my own domain name?
Yes, You can configure subdomain of your domain to access turbo-ftp services (ex. ftp.yourdomain.com).
You have to add CNAMES(aliases) record to DNS (Your DNS provider, usually your web and e-mail hosting company can do that)
1. Configure subdomain (ex. ftp.yourdomain.com)
2. Add CNAMES record: ftp.yourdomain.com POINTS to turbo-ftp.com
3. Done. Now You can use ftp.yourdomain.com as server when accessing turbo-ftp account.
- Can I use anonymous-FTP?
No, for security and privacy reasons, anonymous FTP is not allowed.
- What if I don't see the FTP plan size I need on your web site?
We do have larger plans available and we can customize a plan to meet your specific needs. If you do not see a plan that will neet your requirements contact us.
- Can I purchase additional disk space?
Yes, each account is fully scalable. You can always upgrade your site plan at anytime.
- Can I send a file to more than one user?
Yes. You can send a file to as many users as you have provided Ids and Passwords, to access the file.
- How many simultaneous connections can I have on my site?
Simultaneous connections are virtually unlimited. The only restriction would be the number of users/directories that can be created in an account.
- Will my users be password protected?
All your users will be password protected by you. You will have total control of your site.
- How long will it take to set up my account?
Your account will normally be set up within 1-24 hour after billing your order.
- If a transfer is interrupted, will it pick up where it was dropped or do I have to start over?
Your FTP client will resume the broken transfer. This feature eliminates the need to start the transfer from the beginning.
- Do you provide backups or file storage?
Currently, we offer FTP Hosting only, which provides a throughput for data. Since you would have a local copy of all your data, account file backups are usually not necessary. Data storage is normally stored locally, since a local external drive is a more economical solution.
- Do you do web hosting?
No. In an effort to maintain the highest level of productivity, all our servers are strictly used for FTP hosting. We do not host websites.
- Will your FTP service work in countries outside of North America?
Yes. As long as you have access to the internet your users should be able to access our FTP service from any computer. The local ISP for that location will determine the transfer rate speed available.
- What kind of technical support do you provide?
Turbo-FTP provides live support. Not a message saying we will get back to you. But highly trained support staff, from 8:00am to 8:00pm (Monday thru Friday). Staff is also on call 24/7. This level of support is virtually unheard of. Don’t believe it? Give us a support ticket and see for yourself. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Why should I choose Turbo-FTP?
Turbo-FTP offers the greatest selection of FTP plans for you to choose from, at the best value. And supported by the finest and friendliest support team available.
- What are the payment options? How can I pay?
Payments can be made via PayPal or credit card.
- What other charges are incurred when using the FTP site?
You only pay one flat rate with Turbo-FTP because your site has unlimited transfers. Most FTP sites have additional charges based on the amount of actual file transfers. (bandwidth usage).
- How do I pay by PayPal? Step-by-step process
When you click the 'Pay by PayPal' option, you will be taken to the PayPal site.
- If you have a PayPal account - Login to your PayPal account with your email address and password. Review and confirm the payment details before making the payment
- If you don't have a PayPal account or have never used PayPal before - Enter your credit card billing details in the form that shows up when you reach this section.
- How secure is the payment process?
The payment process is very secure. Your account details will not be disclosed to us since reputed companies like PayPal and 2CO process the entire transaction on secure servers.
- Are my credit card details stored by you?
We do not process payments directly. For credit card payments, we use www.2CO.com, a reputed company having secure servers online to process such payments for us.
- I don't have PayPal, is there any other method of payment?
You also have the option of paying by credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
- When I proceed to make the payment, I am taken to another site/server; is that normal and is it safe?
Payments through PayPal are processed on secure servers at www.paypal.com, while credit card payments are processed securely at www.2co.com - all payment information entered remains confidential. This is completely normal and safe.
- What is PayPal? How do I use PayPal?
PayPal is an online banking account, where your email address is your account number. PayPal is a free-to-use service. Anyone with a valid email address can open an account with PayPal and make or receive payments online (applicable to some countries only). We have PayPal as one of our payment options. You could use it to pay either by your own PayPal account, or by credit card. More details can be found at www.paypal.com.
- What is 2CO/2CheckOut?
2CO or 2CheckOut processes all credit card payments for Turbo-FTP, ensuring security and confidentiality of payment details.
- What is a FTP Client?
A FTP Client provides the channel to transfer your files to and from your users.
- What is an IP address?
An IP (Internet Protocol) Address is a numeric number assigned for the purpose of delivering files and other information from one computer to another.
- How much control do I have of my site?
With Turbo-FTP, you have total control of your site. Depending on the plan you select, you can add/delete users, assign passwords, add /delete directories, and change/upgrade your plan.
- Can I monitor my site activity?
Yes. You can monitor your site's transfer usage and file storage availability.
- Can we create our own scripts and cronjobs on the system?
For security and privacy reasons, we can not allow customers root access on our servers, shared or dedicated. However, depending on what type of scripts/cronjobs you are desiring, we can review the request on a case by case basis. Keep in mind, most scripts are maintained outside our FTP servers on your computers/servers or your clients. Our FTP servers are merely a throughput conduit.
- Can PGP/GPG keys be used with your FTP service?
Yes. These keys are managed and created in your local environment, so they can be transferred through our FTP service. Since the FTP service is strictly a pass-through and does not do any file manipulation.